Forth Dimension Displays (ForthDD) offer a selection of advanced board level products for use in a wide range of applications. In parallel to this, Forth Dimension Displays also offer an “IP core and microdisplay” product solution optimized for integration with Altera® FPGA devices specifically for high volume Near-To-Eye (NTE) applications.
The “IP core and microdisplay” solution continues to offer the high performance image quality associated with the board level products for WXGA, SXGA and QXGA product lines. Further, the use of an IP core instead of a dedicated ASIC can extend the product life cycle as IP is far easier to upgrade as new features are introduced.
The availability of “IP core and microdisplay” for high volume applications enables the customer to focus on product customization and differentiation whilst maintaining control of the electronics size, cost, power consumption and obsolescence.
Specific benefits of “IP Core and Microdisplay” Product include:
- Available under license directly from Forth Dimension Displays for driving WXGA, SXGA and QXGA microdisplays in high volume NTE applications.
- Can be used in conjunction with other IP cores in single Altera® Cyclone III FPGA [*]
- Allows customers the ability to customize the design of the electronics packaging, control own cost and size of electronics
- Extends product life cycle, reduces ASIC obsolescence risk.
- Maintains the display performance differentiators associated with Forth Dimension Displays’ board level product line.
- Delivered as IP Core User Manual, post-synthesis FPGA code, control software ‘know-how’ and sample code.
- Access to Forth Dimension Displays’ experienced applications and product design teams for rapid technical support throughout the product design-in phase and beyond.
[*] Dependent upon resource utilization